RENTAL SUBSIDY GRANT PROGRAM
As part of our impact and access goals, the Orpheum Theatre Group has implemented a Rental Subsidy
Grant program to make the Halloran Centre and Orpheum Theatre available to community arts groups
at reduced rental fees.
The Rental Subsidy review & award process
The rental subsidy program is administered by the Orpheum Theatre Group and an independent panel
consisting of community volunteers.
There is a multi-step application process, and all documents must be complete for consideration:
- Budget worksheet
- Online application form; completed budget worksheets and a narrative statement must be uploaded to the form
- Narrative Statement Guidelines
When filling out the application, please be prepared to provide a written description of the event.
Applications may be submitted for either Halloran Centre or Orpheum Theatre spaces. Blackout dates
are October – December. Dates between January and September must be mutually agreeable.
Application Process Timeline
Application Deadline | October 1
Application Decision | December 1
Earliest Event | January 1
The independent panel determines whether a subsidy award is granted. The value of the subsidy will be
at the Orpheum Theatre Group’s sole discretion. Awards are applied to the organization’s event
settlement: no funds are forwarded directly to the organization. All decisions are final.
Applicants must be a 501c3 arts organization or a nonprofit organization that has an arts
component/program. Individual artists may apply through an organization that is acting as a fiscal agent.
Additional requirements include:
- Proof of nonprofit status and a current Board of Directors list
- Must be based in the Mid-South area within an 85-mile radius of Memphis, TN
- Cannot own a performance venue or have a long-term lease on a performance venue with a
seating capacity greater than 350
- Annual operating budget must be under $500,000