COME JOIN OUR TEAM
Below are the current opportunities available to join the Orpheum Theatre Group team.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Salary: $40,000
At the Orpheum Theatre Group, you will find amazing talent on our stages and throughout our dedicated staff. We are committed to serving the Mid-South through our nonprofit mission, which includes our numerous education and community engagement programs and our commitment to equity and diversity. Our Orpheum Theatre Group team is dynamic, creative, innovative, and community-minded, and we are ready to welcome you!
The Housekeeping Manager contributes to company success by being responsible for the planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Housekeeping Unit in accordance with the federal, state, and local standards and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. In addition, this position supervises all work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and organized rooms of the buildings.
How You Will Contribute
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Housekeeping Manager Tasks
- Supervise and responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and rewarding or disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and solving problems associated with department employees.
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, seating areas, restrooms, concession stands, suites, and all public spaces.
Coordinate the Housekeeping activities between both buildings (Orpheum & Halloran) and all departments.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and solves operational problems and complaints.
- Plan organize and direct team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
- Determine and maintain the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment; plans for repair and/or replacement.
- Conduct pre-event inspections of all rooms, restrooms, seating areas and public areas prior house opening for every event held at the theatres.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Assure facility readiness and smooth operation of Housekeeping Department during the events.
- Study event schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Establish or adjusts work procedures to meet in office and event schedules.
- Observe and report facility repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Ensure the housekeeping team is compliant with all applicable policies and procedures in accordance with OTG and Tennessee State laws.
- Responsible for ensuring the housekeeping team is appropriately staffed to handle the needs of the business by hiring top talent; developing effective onboarding/training that includes ongoing development; create an environment of open communication through coaching.
- Resolve conflicts among the team.
- Conduct performance and salary reviews; administer
Department and Organization Participation
- Contribute to department and organizational goals as well as individual goals
- Assist as needed on all department duties as assigned
- Support the organization’s fundraising initiatives and assist as needed at fundraising events
- Contribute to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and commitment to equity
How You Stand Out
Preferred Experience and Education
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in all aspects of Housekeeping in a large, multi-use facility required
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience with a focus on recruiting and employee development
- Demonstrates trustworthiness, responsibility, and accountability
- Capacity to make consistent, rational decisions
- Effective organizational and leadership skills
- Capacity to build high performing teams that can achieve company objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How We Stand Out
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k)and 401(k) matching
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Unlimited paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Parking provided.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A diverse team of colleagues
- Volunteer and committee opportunities
- Tickets to select Orpheum and Halloran Centre events as available.
- Campus located in the heart of downtown Memphis with a historic theatre and modern performing arts and education center.
The mission of the Orpheum Theatre Group is to enhance the communities we serve by utilizing the performing arts to entertain, educate and enlighten while preserving the historic Orpheum Theatre and the Halloran Centre for Performing Arts & Education.
The Orpheum Theatre Group will strive to be a world-class performing arts organization, serving as a cultural beacon and catalyst for positive change.
- Innovative: The Orpheum Theatre Group takes risk and invests in new ideas.
- Inclusive: The Orpheum Theatre Group is welcoming and accepting to all.
- Inspirational: The Orpheum Theatre Group motivates positive change through the performing arts.
- Integrity: The Orpheum Theatre Group acts ethically and considers all viewpoints.
- lmpactful: The Orpheum Theatre Group provides meaningful opportunity.
- Transformative: The Orpheum Theatre Group changes lives, Memphis and the world.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are dedicated to equity, inclusion, and respect. We commit ourselves to listening to and elevating voices that have been systemically silenced.
The Orpheum Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.