COVID-19 Precautions and Information
The safety of our patrons, performers, staff, and volunteers is our top priority. The Orpheum Theatre Group has been working with the Shelby County Health Department to establish procedures for resuming events at the Orpheum Theatre and Halloran Centre for Performing Arts & Education.
As this is an evolving situation, please refer to this page for the most up-to-date information regarding our reopening at the health department’s guidance.
The following important procedures and practices are in place to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, staff, volunteers, and performers.
Health and Safety Protocol
- Face Coverings: All patrons, employees, and volunteers are required to wear face coverings while inside the venue, per city and county ordinance. If a guest does not have their own, a disposable mask will be provided.
- Symptom Self-Screening: Do not enter the venue if you have a cough, fever, or any other signs or symptoms of COVID-19. If you have observable symptoms, you will be refused entry and offered a refund for the full value of your ticket price. If you need help assessing your health, you can download a self-screening COVID-19 questionnaire.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Cleaning: The frequency of routine cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection has been increased in all areas, especially all common and high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- Hand Sanitization: Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the venues, as well as signage for all new procedures and precautions.
Seating and Physical Distancing
- Capacity Limits: Due to physical distancing between parties in the theatre, capacity for all performances and events will be limited. It may be necessary to reseat patrons to accommodate the required physical distance.
- Entrances and Exits: Each section of the theatres will be assigned a designated entrance and exit door.
- Restrooms: Each section of the theatres will be assigned a designated restroom. Restroom capacity will be limited.
- Common Areas: Maintain physical distance from those not in your own party while in shared spaces and be respectful of your proximity to other guests and employees.
Tickets and Purchases
- Mobile Ticketing: If possible, download your tickets to your mobile phone for touchless entry. To learn how to download your tickets and more about mobile ticketing, visit orpheum-memphis.com/mobile. If you have any questions about mobile tickets or need special assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment: We strongly encourage online or cash-free payments.
- Concessions will offer a limited selection of beverages to include beer and wine. Each drink will be served in a covered cup.
- For the foreseeable future, we will not be allowing previously used Orpheum branded reusable tumblers to be brought into the theatre. As always, outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Engage in respiratory etiquette, including covering up coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues. Tissues will be made available to guests.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact with people not in your own party.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or longer.
If you need assistance while attending an event, please ask to speak to the house manager so that we can address your question or concern immediately.
If you have questions about our COVID-19 procedures and precautions, email email@example.com.
By visiting the Orpheum Theatre and Halloran Centre, each visitor voluntarily assumes all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agrees to release the Orpheum Theatre Group from any liability related to such exposure regardless of any action or inaction by the Orpheum Theatre Group or another visitor, guest, or employee of the Orpheum Theatre Group. Thank you for supporting the Orpheum Theatre Group and for helping to keep each other healthy and safe.